Instrumentation is a collective term for measuring instruments used for indicating, measuring and recording physical quantities, and has its origins in the art and science of scientific instrument-making.
The term instrumentation may refer to a device or group of devices used for direct reading thermometers or, when using many sensors, may become part of a complex industrial control system in such as manufacturing industry, vehicles and transportation. Instrumentation can be found in the household as well; a smoke detector or a heating thermostat are examples.
category of instrumentation there are many such as :
• Ultrasonic Flow Meter • Coriolis Flow Meter • Magnetic Flow Meter • Termal Flow Meter • Vortex Flow Meter • Turbine Flow Meter • Water Flow Meter • Orifice Plate Flow Meter • Flow Switch
• Pressure Transmitter PT • Differential Pressure Transmitter DPT • Pressure Switch • Pressure Gauge
• Temperature Transmitter TT • Temperature Switch • Temperature Gauge • Temperature Sensors • Thermocouple
• Level Transmitter • Level Switch • Level Gauge • Radar Level Transmitter
• PH Analyzers • Conductivity Analyzers • Silica Analyzers • CO2 Analyzers • Ammonia Analyzers • Phosphate Analyzers • Continuous Emission Monitoring System CEMS • Gas Chromatography
• Accelerometer • Velocity • Proximity • Speed Sensor • Portable Vibration Calibrator